The Speed Traders Workshop
How Banks, Hedge and Mutual Funds and Brokers Battle Markets 'RIGGED' by Wall Street's "Flash Boys", High-frequency Trading, Exchanges and Dark Pools
|New York City, May 6
||Washington DC, May 8
|Boston, May 13
||Munich, May 27
|London, May 29
||Dubai, June 3
|Brussels, June 5
||Tokyo, June 12
|Beijing, June 17
||Shanghai, June 19
Author of The Speed Traders and Knightmare on Wall Street
DOWNLOAD: The Speed Traders Workshop Information Package
Global scrutiny of high-frequency trading and whether it gives some investors unfair advantage has intensified amid government probes and the March 31, 2014 publication of "Flash Boys" by Michael Lewis. While those examinations have focused mostly on U.S. equity markets, such as dark pools run by banks and broker-dealers and exchanges owned by companies including Nasdaq OMX, IntercontinentalExchange Group's NYSE Euronext and Bats Global Markets, high-frequency traders are active internationally in futures, FX and fixed income markets, as they also run multi-asset strategies.
High-frequency traders have been called many things, from emerging masters of the universe and market pioneers to exploiters, computer geeks, and even predators and thieves. Everyone in the business of investing has an opinion of speed traders, but how many really understand how they operate? The shadow people of the investing world, today's high-frequency traders have decidedly kept a low profile, until now.
The Speed Traders Workshop, the first and most comprehensive initiation to the world of high-frequency trading, opens the door to the secretive world of computerized low-latency trading, the most controversial form of investing today; in the name of protecting the algorithms they have spent so much time perfecting, speed traders almost never talk to the press and try to disclose as little as possible about how they operate.
The Speed Traders Workshop covers the latest research currently available and reveals how high-frequency trading players are operating in global markets and driving the development of electronic trading at breakneck speeds from the U.S. and Europe to Japan, India, and Brazil. The “flash crash”, the suspended BATS IPO, the botched Facebook IPO, Knight Capital's trading malfunction and NASDAQ's Flash Freeze are just a few of the milestones in the history of high-frequency trading that will be dissected with participants.
"Edgar Perez is THE expert on high-frequency trading."
Liz Claman, Anchor, FOX Business News
"Perez illuminates the world of speed."
Brenda Jubin, Contributor, Seeking Alpha
"There is a new day in trading and speed is the key.
Edgar Perez is the poster child."
Eugene Steele, Managing Partner, Trading Rooms
"With high-frequency trading becoming more prevalent in today’s world, you managed to convey your message with enthusiasm and vigor, ensuring the audience was engaged. You provided the attendees with the necessary background information and took the time to clarify some of the pros and cons associated with this type of trading."
Holly Chudzy, Corporate Events, Peters & Co.
- The first and most comprehensive global initiation to the world of high-frequency trading
- Key enablers of high-frequency trading in the U.S., Europe and Asia
- Strategies high-frequency traders leverage to find alpha in up and down markets
- Techniques to detect and avoid high-frequency trading in the markets
- Regulatory framework and initiatives for speed trading
- Latest update on high-frequency trading in the world and current regulatory initiatives after the "flash crash" and Michael Lewis' "Flash Boys"
- Up-to-date review of the future of high-frequency trading
- Study materials developed by Edgar Perez, the author of the most popular books on the subject of high-frequency trading, The Speed Traders and Knightmare on Wall Street, commentator on Bloomberg, CNN, CNBC, FOX Business News and other business media, and a well-known presenter in conferences and seminars in America, Europe and Asia